Submitted: 09-22-2013 by timetoeatfood

We have the fiberglass version and love it.
Size: Definitely built for a small/medium person or larger person who likes a tight fit. She is 5'3", 140 and I'm 5'8", 180. Fits her great, fits me a little snugly but I still like it.

Handling: I love the secondary stability of it. We've both taken it out on Puget Sound quite a bit in moderate chop and have never felt like we were going for a swim.
Tracks remarkably well for a 15 footer, especially when you get it up to speed. Not perfect, but once again, it's a 15 footer. Turns on a dime - very easy to control. When you have the rudder down, it's straight as an arrow.

Speed: I average 3.3 knots when casually paddling in calm water, she averages 2.8. When bringing it up to a sprint, I average around 4.8.
Definitely not as fast as our other kayak (Necky Looksha 17) but still cuts through the water much better than the other kayaks we tried first (Necky Eliza and Eskia).

All in all, a solid kayak for the kayaker on the small-intermediate size. You definitely feel the control with it - one of our advanced friends was having a field day with it in the wind chop on Lake Union.