Submitted: 09-18-2013 by Tangent16.10
I just took up kayaking at 65. I have been renting them all over the San Francisco Bay area. Various sizes and manufactures. I got my Tangent 16.10 last Friday, spent the weekend making it fit me and the car rack and finally put it in the water Monday.

The Tangent 16.10 slipped into the water so easily that it almost escaped without me. My quick thinking friend snagged it. Once on the water, the 16.10 was quick. Five minutes out I dropped the skeg and my tracking improved dramatically. I had never used a rudder before and my paddle buddy never used his when we went out, so I left mine tethered. But this was a shake down cruise, so I asked him to unbind the rudder. What a difference. The rudder is extremely responsive. WOW now I'm truly in control of where I'm going. The Tangent 16.10 turns on a dime compared to kayaks of similar length(14-16').

It was an easy put in and take out from the ramp. A good day is paddling; an exultant day is paddling a great kayak.
Jeffery Rawson, thank you for a comfortable and responsive kayak.