Submitted: 09-17-2013 by waltmyers

I've had my Cetus LV for about 4 years now, and I love it. I'm 5'7" and ~160 pounds. There are times when touring that I wonder if the MV would be a better fit but the MV was not an option when I bought the LV. Having said that, even loaded with gear and in some large waves, I've so far been keeping the cockpit upright.

The boat paddles well, maintains speed, and yet still turns very nicely. The original skeg design was disappointing, but I've had the redesign installed and it works much better. I had the boat built with a shorter cockpit and use foam to rest my feet on the bulkhead rather than having foot pegs. This gives me more storage in the bow hatch, and flexibility with my foot placement. I do wish the hatches were drier. My former Impex seemed much more watertight, and the skeg was never an issue.

All in all, I am very glad that I upgraded to the Cetus LV.