Submitted: 11-28-2000 by David & Viv

My wife and I bought a couple of Acadias for use on the Norfolk Broads (Norfolk, U.K. that is) We paid 325 (just under$500) each from a local dealer. We haven't been in a kyak for a number of years (we're both the wrong side of 50) and we have found them to be excellent - tracking well and very stable. The only problem we found is that water tends to rest in the spray deck grove. Among other kyaks we considered was the Carolina. We thought the Acadia more suitable because of it's shorter length and being easy to transport on our car - We like to explore the many small rivers and canals in our county. In England the attitude to canoes is, I suspect, not the same as that in the States - ie. if you can't afford a proper boat buy a canoe and "what do you want to do that for at your age!" What the heck, you're only young (and old) once and we're having fun in our Acadias.