Submitted: 09-11-2013 by BL

I live in Florida and purchased the Rip for Bays/Mangroves and lake paddling. I don't have a garage so I was limited by size and weight (actually lugging it into my Townhome). I can load it myself and carry it a short distance to launch. It glides smoothly through the water and I invested in carbon paddles (Accent) which really helps a lot! To get it moving initially you need to add a few extra strokes but then it glides nicely. I have no pulling to either side.

Very stable!!! I can roam around in the cockpit without tipping. The large opening allows to bring some cargo along (medium-size dog would probably fit... When it gets colder I will add spray half skirt.

The only downfall is the seat... THE SEAT IS TRULY AWFUL! Hard as a rock! I cut up an old yoga mat and used that for a cushion for now and it helped a lot, I will have to do same for back rest before I throw this seat out and put another one in. Coming from Necky I was surprised how badly the seat was made...