Submitted: 09-09-2013 by ruston

Purchased Manta Ray in May for fishing. Since then I have used this Kayak in slow rivers and lakes. It is stable and what I was looking for. Starting with the seat it is very comfortable. There are straps on either side to adjust it. The foot rests are adjustable but they feel flimsy. If I push on the left foot rest the rest moves out of place.

The cockpit has several handy features. I had a taco paddle holder put on it which holds the paddle nicely. The storage compartment is nice and can hold small items, as does the one behind the seat. I use a milkcrate for my gear and secure it with the bungee cords. There are scuppers back there but I haven't shipped on any water that I can tell. The hatch at the front is nice to slide extra fishing gear in. I had two tracks placed won each side and mounted a Scotty rod holder.

In the water this kayak is stable and handles well. It can turn around very quickly. I have been in the front of a thunderstorm when the wind picked up blowing quartering across the bow. I shipped on very little water. This is a very nice kayak, nice kayak. I don't know if one could stand in this as it tippy at first. The secondary stability is excellent. I went from a Mad River Grand Teton that I used to solo in which was very susceptible to the wind. This, though it does feel the wind is not bad at all. I put a Yakima roof rack on my FJ Cruiser. The tag along wheel makes it easy to load, if the back door to the Cruiser is opened.

Overall I could not be more pleased with the Manta Ray 12.I bought this at Ozark Mountain Trading Company just east of Rogers, Arkansas on Highway 62. The staff seems very supportive and willing.