Submitted: 09-09-2013 by catodon
I am 5'9" tall and have a Necky Chatham 17 RM and use a fabric Sea Swift, 215 paddle. Purchased it online about a year ago and so far it has been amazing! My online order was processed and shipped within 2 days. I had the paddle 3 days after I ordered it! Amazing service!

This is a fast, strong and light paddle that has become my #1 blade. I have a high angle paddle and like to play in the chop of the Puget Sound. This thing will get you moving in a hurry and moves a ton of water. In a straight line it rocks! Great handle too, lots of adjustment so you can play with the feathering all you want. Shaft is shaped for your hand but might be a little thin for larger hands. Might want to verify diameters before you order.

It's decent at sculling and because of it's large surface area does make you fight the wind a little. The only real downside I've found is that it's nearly impossible to paddle quietly. It plops and splashes no matter how hard or easy I try to paddle with it. But if you're looking for a fast blade this is the one!