Submitted: 09-07-2013 by Fishnmusicn

Have to say I like this kayak a lot for what it is - light to carry, just enough length for decent speed, nice tracking, stable, easy to sit side saddle. Inexpensive, easy enough to customize if you fish.

The only con I can come up with is some hull slap in light chop, but not extreme. Compared to the Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT (about the same length) seems like it will fit larger paddlers a lot easier with room for the hips width wise.

I definitely prefer sit on tops over sit insides for fishing and have owned a Cobra Tourer, Prowler 15, WS Ride (old style), Cobra Expedition, Perception Napali and a Cobra Marauder. I've always had to sell my sit on tops due to my crappy job before.

Things being better now, would I prefer a longer sleeker kayak for bigger water, yes - down the road, but this one does just fine on the big lake I usually fish and on a Delaware River float trip last weekend. The light weight and just long enough length are great for a jack of all trades kayak that is a pleasure to paddle and it is a keeper and will stay that way even as I eye a longer SOT next year.

MTI Adventurewear: