Submitted: 09-07-2013 by Kilifiman
I have had my Delta Kayaks 17ft Expedition for just about a year. In that time I have paddled many miles on Lake Amistad in Texas and the length of the Missouri River. I bought the kayak specifically for the Missouri trip. The boat performed flawlessly. This kayak was very stable in the rough conditions on the lakes and was comfortable enough that I could (and did) stay sitting in her for 10-11 hours on end every day for weeks.

I paddled for 77 days and by the end I had experienced 3 problems if you can call them that. The first was that the stitching on the front hatch cover came undone so that the elastic lost its tension. Delta Kayaks sent me a replacement with no hesitation. Secondly, a small crack has appeared in the top of the seat back. Do not know how this happened and it did not affect my comfort or back support. Thirdly and most annoyingly, the strip of trim that goes around the cockpit and covers the sharp edge has come unstuck. I will have to remove it, clean all the river dirt out and re-glue it back in place. There was plenty of room for almost all my gear apart from a sail and the C-Tug.

I recommend this kayak to anyone wanting to do a long trip with rough open water as well as long river stretches. It is a fast boat too.