Submitted: 09-02-2013 by WR

Being an avid sailor, I could not resist the urge to get a WindPaddle adventure sail to try on my Marvel 12. This clipped on to my existing deck rigging in seconds. I took the little boat out in 15 knot wind and proceeded to sail downwind for about 4 miles actually surfing the whitecaps while going from 6-8 mph according to my trusty Garmin. WHAT A Blast! I found that I could clip the control line to the shock cord attached to my seat base, which let me have both hands free to steer with the paddle. The Marvel is a natural for this and handled beautifully. I had to paddle back through the chop in a head wind and crashing through waves, and the boat again exceeded my expectations, I was able to average 4 mph.

This is a great hull design, stable, turns easy and tracks well. And the boat has the best seat in the business, you can spend hours in it pain free, then pull it out to use as a beach chair. The storage compartment stays dry, is quite spacious and is easy to access. It is light enough to throw over your shoulder and the knee pads are in the right place to serve as shoulder pads. The little sail adds another dimension of fun and versatility. I am really surprised there are not a lot more of them out on the water.