Submitted: 08-30-2013 by Mark Libner

My wife and I bought our second set of Kayaks this spring. We have enjoyed our "blow molded" 14 foot Kayaks for the past three years. However, we found that we wanted something lighter which we could turn faster when in rivers which were faster moving and required sharper turns.

The new Delta 12's, a follow on to the 12.10 fit the bill exactly. Although the 12.10 is an excellent Kayak and maybe a good choice for someone wanting a wide cockpit, both my wife and I wanted as narrow a cockpit we could get.
We had to wait three months for Delta to manufacture our Kayaks. As with any new model, until the "pipeline" is filled, if you want one, you have to order it.

On the water, the Delta 12s are a dream. They track almost as good as our 14 footers, are half the weight, outstanding seat system, excellent primary and secondary stability and "turn on a dime". We would highly recommend the Delta 12 for both a beginner or nice upgrade.