Submitted: 08-23-2013 by klcourtney

I recently purchased a used (1 time) Dirigo XT Tandem Plus kayak to be used as a spare boat for family and friends and occasionally for my wife and I to paddle together. We have two Pungo 120s that we normally use.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the Dirigo XT tandem. It tracks well and paddles quicker than I expected for a large, recreational tandem kayak. Ours is equipped with an optional rudder, which I have found unnecessary for flat water lakes and slow moving rivers. I am sure that it will be a plus in windy conditions and choppy water.

The XT comes equipped with the upgraded ACS seating which we have found to be very comfortable. I store it inside in a Suspenz 3 boat free standing rack on it's side at about an 80 degree angle and have not experienced any structural bending or oil canning issues. I do leave the child seat in place which I feel provides some additional structural support.

Overall, we are very pleased with the Dirigo XT Tandem Plus in the short time that we have owned it.