Submitted: 11-24-2000 by gerbod

I have had my Frenzy for three years, and although I now paddle with friends in a faster boat, I'd rather be in the Frenzy any time I'm alone. It fits in my 8' x 6' interior camper diagonally with a pillow at each end, so loading and unloading takes seconds. it is incredibly stable at 30" wide, and the bow really splits the seas. It is a drier ride than my 15' kayak for that reason. The short length allows for quick turning in seas and surf without the need of a rudder. Get the scupper plugs for calm-water paddling, and use silicone grease on them sparingly so that you can pull the plugs if necessary. OK sells the plugs. I put the optional hatch in mine (easy). Some come with it. It's handy for small items (get an insert bag). The gear straps on bow and stern allow you to carry a dry bag or small ice chest. The stern is better. A great boat for lakes, surf, bays and probably not-too-whitewater (I haven't tried it there). It is not very fast, but for its intended purposes, it's top notch.

Bending Branches: