Submitted: 11-24-2000 by gerbod

I have had the Tourer for about 7 months and paddle on San Diego Bay. I bought it because my smaller, wider boat would not keep up with my paddling companions. It is not quite as fast as their lighter, narrower sit-inside boats but is stable and has plenty of room. It is a wetter boat in weather than the sit-insides with skirts, but in San Diego - no prob. I have yet to need my wet suit. As previously stated, the tankwell is quite handy for my battery box (depth finder power) and flotsam found during paddles, as well as my dry bag. The rudder is a must, even in the Bay, as current, wind, waves and swell make the boat very difficult to steer. My friends have also noticed this in their boats over 12 feet in length. Camping with my boat would require dry bags for all internal as well as external storage, as it does leak, probably around the gasket of the 8-dog "A" hatch. The 10" by the seat barely gets condensation. It has a small pot for small items. This is a fairly fast and quite stable all-around sit-on-top.