Submitted: 08-14-2013 by Debbie

I recently purchased the ISLAY 14 made by VENTURE kayaks - division of P & H Sea Kayaks. Each and every time I take the kayak out on the water I am more impressed. The Islay tracks straight and true even into a head wind. It handles like a dream and I am working to develop good technique and expand my skills. The Islay comes equipped with a skeg and this is great when dealing with wind conditions - though I did paddle in a strong upwind without the skeg and the boat still handled very well.

This is not my first kayak so I am very aware of how responsive the ISLAY handles. She skips over waves and I did not experience taking on very much water from splashing even without a spray skirt. The quality of construction is phenomenal. Another plus is that I am able to lift and carry it with relative ease.

Whatever VENTURE did to engineer this product, they were highly successful! I LOOOOVE this kayak and am a very happy paddler!