Submitted: 08-13-2013 by ELRedfish

I purchased this kayak by using reviews from various sites. The cost was reasonable at $499 + Tax at Academy in Selma, TX outside San Antonio TX. Took it for a paddle in Canyon Lake and was not disappointed in the handling or ease to propel. Would have loved more features, but after looking at more expensive kayaks and researching add-ons, I can see why it only has what it has. The wells do collect water so scupper plugs will be a future buy but I had planned for the wet seat and did not get uncomfortable.

Initially unstable but quickly found the stability and did not have a problem. The seat was comfortable and was easy to adjust which made the paddling much easier. At 50lbs it was not too heavy to lift onto the J cradles on the roof rack of my Escape, but the weight distribution did make it awkward trying to seat it in the racks.

I still need a few more excursions to get use to it but feel it was a good buy for an initial entry level kayak.