Submitted: 08-10-2013 by demmerich
If you want to class up paddle without sacrificing performance a Grey Owl paddle is for you. I stumbled across this small Canadian paddle maker during an extensive Internet search for wooden paddle that would compliment my wooden kayak. I bought a Tempest which fit nicely with my budget and has returned my investment with hours of relaxing comfortable paddling.

This straight shaft paddle allows only three feathering options, zero degrees and 60 degrees right or left, which is the most limiting factor of the paddle. There is also a minorly detectable slip at the Chinese made carbon fiber ferrule. For both of these deficits are easily overshadowed by its beauty and craftsmanship. The Ash shaft and Butternut, walnut, and bass blades are flawlessly finished and natural compliment magnets.