Submitted: 08-09-2013 by Revlefty

I have owned my Vapor 10 for two weeks now and I love it. This is my first kayak. I have had lots of experience with canoes and rental kayaks a couple of times. My kayak experience was only with sit-on kayaks, but I find the cockpit of my Vapor to work great. I have no problem with the seat because the life jacket provides added cushioning.

I am 6' tall and 220 lbs. It is stable--even in a strong wind and foot high waves. It is light enough that there is no problem getting it onto the roof of my car.

The only two complaints I have are that a sit-in cockpit is not easy to get out of. There is no graceful way to do it. The other problem is with the drain plug. It's location makes it almost useless. But a sponge does the trick just fine. Even in heavy waves, the only water in the boat was what dripped off of the paddle. I wondered if a ten foot long boat would be good enough for me, but it seems to work. So far I've only had it out on our lake, but I am already dreaming of taking it to Florida next winter to see what it might do on bigger water.