Submitted: 08-08-2013 by WaterBird

I love this tent! It's perfect for what I use it for: backpacking and kayak camping. Great headroom, extremely easy to enter and exit (just step in or out, no crawling required), cool in summer with good ventilation through the very large doors, reliable waterproofing, sturdy fabrics.

You can almost always find the Zephyr on sale somewhere for $100. Don't think that means it's an inferior tent. It is not. It uses the same fabrics as much more expensive tents. Note that with two people you can only sleep side by side in this tent, not head to foot, because the foot is narrower and lower.

I wish Alps had not gone with orange fabric in 2013. The previous green color was great.
I also have the Kelty Trail Ridge 2. I would prefer the Trail Ridge for kayak camping because it's larger and taller. But the Zephyr is still a fantastic tent.

Thunder Bay Tourism: