Submitted: 08-06-2013 by MK

This is my go to kayak. I fish 75% of the time and paddle 25% of the time and feel like this kayak is built for just that ratio. It tracks well although slightly not as well as a Tarpon 120. However, what it lacks in tracking to the Tarpon it makes up for in storage space, fishing options, loading and unloading and storage.

It is light for its size at about 11 1/2 feet long and has massive storage for rods and soft sided coolers inside of the kayak. Loading this kayak on and off of my car was much easier than other brands of near the same length due to it being lighter. Another surprise advantage I discovered was how easy it is for me to stand and fish in; something I wasn't easily able to do in the Tarpon 120.

One disadvantage is that when it's loaded down with equipment my butt will get wet if I don't have scupper plugs. However, scupper plugs are a very easy and cheap fix. The seat seems to be more rudimentary than other brands but is surprisingly comfortable anyway. Another feature that I like about this kayak is the adjustable, comfortable foot pegs. They have a bigger more ergonomic design which is really nice.

For my height and size of 5'7" and 140 pounds and my fishing to paddling ratio I would highly recommend this kayak or the Tarpon 120.