Submitted: 08-06-2013 by alwayslookin

I've recently started fishing from kayaks and purchased a slightly used Perception Search 13. It is an older model that is no longer produced, too bad because this thing in near perfect for an average sized and skilled kayak fisherman. Very easy to control and to get going.

I have only been out a handful of times with it and is hands down superior to any that I have rented or borrowed, I can not recall most or them pelican and a castaway are a couple that I have been on. I also have played a little in the choppy surf on the Texas coast and is plenty stable. Fishing and messing around in the bay have been its primary uses. There is abundant storage both internal and in the HUGE aft well. With out a doubt I would not hesitate to recommend this kayak to anyone if they were still available.

The only reason for not ranking it a 10 is that I do not believe that there is anything that is perfect.

Yak Pads: