Submitted: 08-05-2013 by MK

This is an inexpensive kayak that I think is a great place to start if you are getting into kayak fishing and have a short to medium build (and budget). I am 5'7" and 140 lbs. and have used this kayak on rivers, rapids, calm water, saltwater bays and open surf. I think it is a great all around kayak for people who need to haul fishing equipment but maybe not need tons of space.

As far as bang for your buck I think this is an excellent choice for a fishing kayak. The seat is comfortable and it is made of high quality material. It's not as fast as a 12' or longer kayak but that also makes it easier for loading and unloading as well as storage. Some people don't like molded footing areas but I actually prefer them as you can stretch your legs back and forth easily without reaching down to adjust foot pegs.

Please remember, a lot of what is good about a kayak comes from personal preference so please try one out whenever possible before making a decision.