Submitted: 08-05-2013 by garys
I purchased my Mohawk Odyssey 14 about seven years ago. I had paddled a Mohawk Solo 14, borrowed from a friend, and decided that I wanted a solo canoe to use on the small twisty streams in North Florida. After doing some research and talking to some more knowledgeable paddlers, I started looking at the Odyssey 14.

This boat is a little heavier than the Solo 14, but it has has more (limited) whitewater capability. I picked up my new boat directly from the Mohawk factory, when it was in Florida, as a blem. I was told that there was some stray burlap fibers adhered to the bottom of the hull, but I knew that after one or two paddles there would be nothing to see. I had the helpful factory staff lower the seat and install adjustable foot rests. This is now my go to boat. I paddle the streams and rivers of North Florida and South Georgia.

The boat is fast, stable and can carry a load of camping gear. The boat is tough, as I have dragged it over or around many downed trees. Like I said, it is my go to boat (I also paddle a tandem canoe and a sea kayak).