Submitted: 08-01-2013 by edzep
This is a followup to my review sumitted 17 days ago. My paddle has been repaired by Epic, at no charge, and is back in my hands... My Precious. They replaced the Length Lock ferrule with a revised version -- not just the female/lever side, but also the male side with the index marks that I had previously noted were too light. Epic's letter explained that the diameters of the revised ferrule were different from the original one, among other differences, including material. Having had experience with epoxies in building wooden boats and paddles, I was at first surprised that these components could be changed out so effectively. I guess they must heat the shaft and ferrule to weaken the adhesive bond. They also touched up the edges of my blades, and gave the whole thing a light fluff and buff. I am duly impressed, and grateful.