Submitted: 08-01-2013 by RGB

This is the strangest kayak I have ever paddled, and that includes dozens that I have owned. I took it out on the still lake this morning to get used to it's characteristics.

First, it draws very little water so between it's relatively wide and crowned bottom it is very sensitive to every stroke. Stroke right, it goes left, stroke left, it goes right so if you don't stroke with equal force & duration you will be using adjusting strokes to keep the boat straight. That also means it responds quickly to a strong stroke, lean, and foot pressure so that what you lose in one capacity, you gain in another.

Next, it collects water easily and I should have put a skirt on it. it rides high even though I'm 6'3" and 225lbs. currently. The seat top is pitched forward and bothered my lower back the entire time even though it had a padded seat. Next, I will try it on a rough lake with a skirt.

I'm of two minds with this boat, it's light, draws 3", easy to maneuver, but back hurt, it collected water easily w/o skirt, and is easily drawn off course with each stroke. It may turn out well, but was tiring to paddle for such a stable, utilitarian boat. I bought mine used. I suggest you paddle before you buy to see if you like the ride. I'm going to try it next with a canoe paddle to see if leaning it over & paddling it that way makes a difference. The jury is still out...