Submitted: 08-01-2013 by Tim_Ky
Purchased this great rec kayak from Canoe Ky. after trying some cheaper kayaks from the sporting goods store. The Regal has enough space for my big feet to move around and I can even paddle with bent knees thanks to the large cockpit. It's nice to be able to change positions when I'm on the water for a couple of hours. The cockpit does a good job of keeping me dry which is important for paddling in cooler temps. The large back deck is nice. I use it for storing my kayak cart. It's easily large enough for a cooler or dog. I like high back chair, but it could use some padding.

The Regal paddles fairly straight for a 11' kayak and is stable. It's wide at 30" and not very fast. It has built-in handles which I use all of the time. The Regal appears to be well made. It can handle riffles and some white water with no problems. I use it mainly on creeks and the Salt River near my home.

Overall I'm pleased with this kayak and feel like I made the right decision to spend a little more.

Sealline: