Submitted: 07-31-2013 by falconsusi
What a fun little kayak!
I bought this kayak because I wanted a kayak that would fit inside my SUV. That way the kayak does not have to be out in the sun all day while I am working. It is the right size.

The Comet is very light weight. It is so easy to get into the SUV by myself. I have a hard time with any of my other boats. I use this kayak a lot for exercise. It isn't easy to paddle a short squatty boat for long distances without wearing yourself out. So I love this boat for the exercise it gives me.

Paddling this short of a boat you really have to understand that it will not go in a straight line like a touring or longer boat will. If you understand that then you will have no problem getting this boat to go straight. I find that yawing the bow side to side a bit allows me to go straighter and faster.
It is very stable. And it can spin on a dime.

Okay so it is a cheap boat. And it is wide and short and my husband calls it a bathtub. And it is slow. But this kayak is a blast to paddle.