Submitted: 07-31-2013 by falconsusi
I recently bought this duckie for whitewater. I was paddling a whitewater kayak but I decided the Aire Lynx IK was more to my style. I kept renting duckies at a local river. Then my husband and I decided to get into whitewater kayaking. After a few rivers with the whitewater kayaks I decided I was more comfortable in a duckie.

The duckies at the rental companies are definitely different from the Aire Lynx. They generally have bigger tubes and you sit down farther in them. The Aire Lynx is much more like a sit-on-top in this respect. You will sit higher and the tubes are smaller. This makes for a more maneuverable IK.

I have been paddling my Lynx on class 2 & 3 rivers now. I really like it. I don't have the concern about flipping and rolling as I know I will just fall out of the Lynx. I purchased thigh braces and they are a great thing to have to feel more one with the kayak. And don't forget to get the foot pegs. The Lynx has a reinforced spot already for the foot pegs to mount into.

The Lynx is easy to inflate. It is very portable, too. I originally purchased the (Aire) Tributary Strike IK, but due to circumstances I sent it back and got the Lynx instead. I am glad because the Lynx is an inflatable kayak that I will never feel the need to upgrade.
It is pricy. But it is US made and has a great warranty.

NRS: