Submitted: 07-31-2013 by falconsusi
What a great kayak!
I bought this kayak to add to a growing addiction for kayaks. My husband already has the Old Town Adventure 139 and I have the Old Town Cayuga 130 that we use for touring mostly. I actually bought this kayak for my mom to use. She has a bit of trouble with her kness. I wanted a kayak that had a large cockpit and was easy to get into/out of. Also it needed to be around 12 feet long. And also easy for mom or other friends to try. The Old Town Dirigo 120 fit the bill perfectly.

Since my mom lives far away I thought I'd just have to try out the Dirigo for myself. I love it. It has the deluxe seat and it is so comfortable. I love the cockpit roominess. I usually just take a small lunch cooler and toss it between my feet and it is easy to get.

Lately I have been using the Dirigo on some local rivers. These rivers are not wide and before I was using the Cayuga 130. I now prefer the Dirigo 120 on these rivers. The Dirigo turns so quickly. I like the length and the turning aspect of the recreational kayak.

The only negative is that my husband decided to try out the Dirigo and now we have to flip a coin to see who gets to use it.