Submitted: 07-31-2013 by falconsusi
Recently I decided to add a sit-on-top kayak to my growing collection. I purchased the Liquidlogic Coupe because I wanted the capability of use for lakes and use for rivers including some whitewater. I have a sit-in touring kayak and recreational kayak already. I am comparing the Coupe to my other kayaks.

The Coupe is a very comfortable kayak to sit in for hours. I love the seat. Cushy. I love that I can add thigh braces for whitewater. It is great having a cubby hole in reach, too. And the wheel! LOVE IT!

This is a fairly heavy kayak compared to what I already own. I really like the wheel on the kayak. I can easily get it to the water. I use the boatloader by Yakima on my SUV and let the wheel end rest on the bar while I load it. So the wheel helps here in that the kayak doesn't slip while loading it.

The kayak has a drop down skeg that really works well on the lakes. I find it handy that I can pull it up or let it down at anytime. It really does make a difference having it down to paddle straight. And just pull it up and you can turn fairly quickly. I haven't tried it on whitewater yet. Currently I really don't want to get that many scratches since it is still new. Maybe later.

All in all, I am glad I purchased this kayak. I think the price is reasonable. The kayak has a lot of great features. And really compared to most sit-on-tops the weight is on the light end. I really like this kayak for the summer. I can drench myself with splashing water and it just drains out.
I would recommend this kayak as a great cross-over kayak for lakes as well as rivers.