Submitted: 07-30-2013 by nomany
I purchased my Expression 15 at the beginning of this year. When I looked to add another kayak to my fleet of 6, the Expression was at the top of my list to consider.

I'm 5' 10.5" / 200 lbs. I seem to keep upgrading every number of years. Started with 9.5' rec kayaks, from there, 12' rec kayaks, 13.5" Current Designs Breeze transition/touring kayak, 14.5' Current Designs Whistler transition/touring kayak, and now a 15' Perception Expression 15 touring kayak. All my kayaks are plastic since they are expected to get some abuse.

Love the Perception Expression 15. I would have considered purchasing this one over the Current Designs Whistler. The Expression 15(24" x 15') has nice rocker for manueverability and rough waters. An efficient profile to easily travel thru the water. The spring-loaded skeg works well although I would wish for a stiffer skeg. The seat is comfortable but the seat back is too high. I wish I was able to lower the seat back to just above the cockpit rim. I'm going to remove the thigh pads and just add padding to make getting in and out easier one of these days, I do not need that high level of control afforded by the thigh pads.

I don't give 10 grades; this one one is an easy 9 but I just wish the seat was lower. I highly recommend this kayak for anyone looking in the 12' to 15' range. Its a bargain for the value of this boat. I would buy another one if my wife would let me.