Submitted: 07-30-2013 by Darren Smith

I purchased the Riot Edge 13 "for my wife" as half of a pair of boats. It was the leading half of our step-up from a big old Tandem; which no longer met our needs.

The only negative feedback I have is that since I am 6 foot 2 inches tall, the foot pegs do not extend quite far enough for "ultimate comfort". I fit & the first couple hours is OK. But day-long trips require multiple get-out breaks & many kick back sessions, where I hang my feet over edge.

Otherwise, this is a great boat. It's probably the best bang-for-the buck we could find; after months of test paddling, feedback from friends & obsessive internet review. Highlights...

• Skeg-up means great maneuverability, but still ample flat-water tracking
  • Skeg-down means straight-as-an-arrow tracking without compromising the steering you need without a true rudder
  • Most water over the front deck drains off in up to 2 foot chop\swell due to superior deck design
  • Front deck also includes a cool paddle slot\groove so you can strap on the paddle, pop you feet up & have a lounge-chair experience
  • Front & back hatches with fully sealed bulkheads provide storage and improved floatation
  • 13 foot length is a great trade-off for tracking vs. waterline vs. steering. Any shorter would get a little squirly in windy & wavy conditions. Any longer would start to limit steering & fitting into tight spots; rivers, creeks, strainer safety, etc.
Overall, this one will live with us for the long haul as a main flat water & semi-turgid water boat. We have yet to strap on a spray skirt & try the heavier waters of the bays & inlets here near the Chesapeake!...or Buy one if it meets your general requirements.