Submitted: 07-29-2013 by Dana Mitchell

I rate this yak a 10 for a short touring yak in its class... I have 2 of them and this boat is extremely versatile. It can take you exploring in the smallest streams, ponds and backwaters while still being maneuverable enough to turn around in tight areas. And is still fast enough to cover great distance with ease. I have also spent 4 days at a time ocean kayaking off the coast of Maine and with a spray skirt and rudder can handle pretty much anything the open ocean can throw at you, I have done 5 mile open ocean crossings with 30mph white caps and 8ft rollers and was more than impressed.

It is a fun kayak to take out into the ocean and play, without any fear of smashing it into ledge and dragging it up on the barnacles while your delicate carbon fiber baby rests safely at home. I would recommend this yak for the person that wants to kayak everywhere in every type of condition with one boat!

YakClips: