Submitted: 07-29-2013 by alanbernat
I bought the sport on the recommendation of the CLC customer service person. I wanted a kayak that I could take on week or longer trips in BC where I would be in the rear cockpit and my young (5 years old) son would be in front.

I loved building the boat and it went together according to instructions. It is a beautiful boat. However, it was the wrong boat for my intended use. It is way too twitchy to have an inexperienced paddler in front, especially one who may fall asleep after a couple of hours of paddling.

The boat has more initial stability when loaded for a trip. If you are out for a day trip you have to add ballast or the boat requires too much attention. It is not the kind of boat you can put your paddle down and take a picture. It is just too twitchy. If the paddlers are two experienced kayakers who just need a fairly fast boat this would rate higher, maybe a 7 or 8.

I hold back on a higher score because our other tandem, a Mirage 730 is faster and more stable. It leaves the sport in the dust even when it has weaker paddlers.