Submitted: 11-13-2000 by GND

My search for the smallest volume, narrow, as traditional as possible looking rotomolded sea canoe that I could fit my 6'2",230lb.,size 13 foot deminsions into ended with the Epic. I'dd like better tracking without the rudder but it certainly solves that. I also detest spongy footbraces but retro-fitting Seaward Lockout butterfly style models addressed this problem. This boat is nice in strong winds. With 60lbs. of gear aboard and the boats low profile I was impressed with its headway on a return trip from False Cape Landing in southeast VA. this past Feb. 25 knots and gusting and still I made decent progress against the wind. Rolls with either my Cricket Inuit or Werner Camano are easy. Be prepared to seal the day-hatch with Lexan. It has leaked on my boat,a friends,and the demo boat I first tried. I consider it a nusince. Just another hole for water to come in. If your interested in this one, start shopping, my latest visit to the Wildsys. website didn't list it as a offering anymore.