Submitted: 07-29-2013 by mazer

I started my love of kayaking in Lake Tahoe California on sit on top Ocean Kayaks, I fell in love with how easy they were to paddle and manuever. A couple of years later, not knowing if I wanted a single or a double, I toured with both for a day at Spring Lake in Sonoma County. I could not decide. More time goes by I tried other kayak brands but just never really settled on one, My friends had a Percetion Swing Kayak, they don't want it, they brought it over for me to have. WOW, I had no idea that paddling the Ocean Kayak was so hard and it often pulled sideways, I felt like I was rowing a crab a couple of times it was so bad.

The Perception Swing is no longer made but if you can get one, go for it. It is the easiest kayak I have ever been in. The Swing is stable, easy to paddle, I use a back rest to make long distances more comfortable and I take it out as much as possible into the San Pablo Bay, it handles like a dream. I wish I had tried this kayak years ago.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: