Submitted: 07-27-2013 by dragynmyrlin
I have an older Grumman Eagle that is really a nice canoe. It is very stable so I was able to take very young children without fear of tipping. I found very little flex in the bottom, which is not always the case with fiberglass canoes. I even used it for sailing with success on Forked Lake in New York. Attaching pontoon flotation was a breeze when my little ones wanted to try and paddle from the seat as well as young kids out alone.

It's not terribly light but easy enough for two people to carry it. It has been dragged over rocks, hit by rocks and all manner of other abuse but none of that shows. I would buy another Grumman Eagle if I had to, but this one is doing very well. My parents still own their Grumman canoes and they are more than 40 years old (the canoe's) and still in use with no problems.

Bending Branches: