Submitted: 07-27-2013 by Brewhiker
This little boat is like a tank. It'll go through just about anything. I like this model so much I bought a non-angler version for my wife.

HANDLING: The boat is just wide enough to be very stable when casting, tossing a throw bag or helping another kayaker back onto their boat. The bulgy bow and extended keel at the stern helps it track well enough to allow for lazy long-sweep paddling without too much yaw. It can handle Class II, maybe Class III whitewater, but the long open cockpit means water's going to get in if you hit waves wrong. I even had it out on the ocean in 3-foot waves - and the styrofoam floatation aids keep it from sinking to the bottom.

RIGGING: well-outfitted with anchor trolley (one of the line guides is mounted right where I'll occasionally snag it with my thumb while paddling), rod holders and bow deck lines, but it could use a built-in bungee + J-hook paddle holder. I added eyelets around the day well so I can secure thing (usually a cooler) with bungee cords.

Overall a very good boat!

New York Kayak Co.: