Submitted: 11-06-2000 by Ben O'Hara

The 17'4" model of this boat is what I and my fellow travelers have been paddling for the past five months on an expediton from Saskatchewan to Ottawa, over 4,500 kilometers of wild Canadian lakes and rivers. This canoe is by far the best I have paddled. It's ability to turn, carry a big load, handle waves (15 foot swells on Superior in it's sleep) and take a beating from intense tripping is why I am so in love with this boat. With a bit of tweeking to the little items, seat placement and gunwale constuction, this boat will be a "9" in no time. The Prospector is an age old shape that has proved itself time and again for it's versitlity in all kinds of water conditions. Langfords version is a treat to paddle, ever 10 hours a day for five months. Also see the review on our other boat the Nahanni. - Ben O'Hara, Boreal 2000 - www.cpaws.org/boreal2000