Submitted: 07-26-2013 by DUUJ

Three days before Memorial Day of 2012 she says, "Gee, I think I'd like a kayak too." I was amazed! She had never wanted to go to demo's, or even read about kayaks. I said, "Gee, you've picked the perfect time of year to look for a great discount on a new kayak." She said, "Hey, let's go to Costco." That's how we came to acquire what has come to be known as the "The Little Yellow Costco Kayak."

I though, "I can't imagine how she can like this little yellow 'thing' that looks like the creation of someone who fell asleep on their CAD keyboard while trying to design a cross between a plastic drift boat and jon boat"....but....she LOVES IT!

TLYCK is a lot of boat for the buck. The company that makes Equinox must have taken to heart the advice given to Dustin Hoffman in "The Graduate" about the future and plastics. (They make everything from storage bins to furniture.) TLYCK has a bulkhead and is unerringly stable. She happily bounces over boat wakes with her feet out of the cockpit and resting on the front deck. My over six foot frame finds it cramped and clunky, but her five foot frame finds it divine.

The seat has been a continuing problem. (The 2013 models have a new seat.) I corresponded with Melissa at Equinox, but after sending pictures, she declined to send a new seat. (With a drill and some cable ties, you can remedy the seat problem.)

I don't think she'll ever say, "Gee, I think I'd like to paddle with Freya Hoffmeister," or even, "How do I roll this thing?" But, you never know. Stranger things have happened. TLYCK and the big mango Tsunami...that's us.
You gotta love the journey.

Point 65: