Submitted: 07-26-2013 by Kathleenwegner

I have used my Old Town Loon 111 since receiving it for a retirement gift from my family in 2003. I have kayaked with it on lakes, the supreme of which is Lake Superior off Madeline Island. I am simply in heaven when paddling my Loon. I am on my second Bending Branches wood kayak paddle. This sweet little boat harbors me when I want to gaze into mother lake and study the magnificent boulders lying on the lake floor. It harbors me when I want to talk to the loons and their babies itching an arm's length away. It harbors me when I want to dance in four foot waves in mother lake. It carries me into caves and dripping waterfall overhangs.

And most importantly, since receiving this creative retirement gift from my family in 2003, we have acquired a total of EIGHT old town kayaks that live on our Seven Island Lake in Lincoln County Wisconsin. Our entire family from grandpa and grandma down to our youngest two-year-old grandson all ride the water in our family of Loons..