Submitted: 07-26-2013 by informed

This is my first sit inside kayak . I've been using a sit on top for awhile and wanted to expand my annual usage. Finding a Necky Manatou in stock was impossible in the S.E. I finally found this one 120 miles from Atlanta. It was worth the drive!

The seat, the configuration and design were great. I'm 6'1" and 210 - fit very comfortably in the cockpit. I have only used it once on a lake in less than ideal conditions. 15 m/hr winds and lake chop of about 1 ft. It handled about as well as I could expect in the conditions. It tracked pretty well in spite of the wind and chop.

The bottom of the boat had a concave impression when I bought it- they said to put it in the sun for a couple of hours and it would 'pop' out. If we ever have a sunny day again I'll see if that works.

Overall I really like it and once I pop out the bottom and use it in a more civilized outing I'll re-rank it - most likely up!