Submitted: 07-26-2013 by staktup

I bought a used 2009 model 140 as a present for my wife for $750 including the rudder. It was a steal! She is 5'6" and 130 lbs, and in retrospect the 135 might be a better fit. However, she loves it since it is the fastest boat in our plastic navy.

We paddle it primarily in a small(110 s.a. Lake) and sometimes on the Hudson River. It tracks extremely well, has excellent secondary stability, and cruises with long glides after a stroke. I fish from it on occasion (installed a Scotty flushmount in the deck fore of the coaming & one straight flushmount rod holder behind the seat and on the port side) for some run & gun sessions.

The rudder is handy in wind and chop, and when circling smaller coves and islands. I can carry it about 70 yards before I have to quit, so a cart comes in handy. Compared to my Tarpon 140, it is easier to hold being a SIK, but also considerably lighter.

The only negative I think is the tall seat back. A backband would be much better when trying to sit inside, or performing a wet exit re-entry. The pfd snags the seat and it folds forward, preventing quick sitting and could lead to capsizing.
Otherwise, I would give this boat a 10!