Submitted: 07-26-2013 by W.J.

The Swift Saranac 14.6 is an outstanding boat. It is fast, light weight, highly stable, when you need it to be and it tracks extremely well, even in high winds. I've been out in 2 foot waves and even bigger swells on Lake Ontario and the boat handles them with ease. It offers good secondary stability, so when it comes time to tilt the boat into a tight turn, it performs admirably.

I've had mine for several years now and the finish still looks brand new with an annual treatment of 303 Protectorant. The adjustable, padded seat is comfortable and the cockpit fits my 200 pound frame very well. My 110 pound wife finds it equally comfortable and has no trouble maneuvering around the lake, even though the footrests are set up for me.

It features two hatches, so there's lots of storage. However some water does tend to find it's way into these hatches. I believe it's water dripping off the paddle into the cockpit (I don't have a spray skirt).

My only complaint is the skeg. The control knob can get quite stiff if it hasn't been used of a while (as in an entire winter) A little bit of WD40 on the cable loosens it up just fine. Frankly, the boat tracks so well, I don't often use the skeg.

Bottom line: excellent boat.
The service I've received from Swift is great too.