Submitted: 07-26-2013 by Adrian117
I purchased my Pursuit 80x kayak by Pelican 5 months ago. The Pursuit 80x retails for $250. I paid $150 at an Academy Sports in southern Georgia. It did not include a paddle.

The only difference between the 80x and the 80 is that they add an adjustable seat back and stretch cords, though the back is comfortable. Both versions include a molded cup holder at the front of the seat. The kayak is light (26 lbs), and has plenty of leg room (I'm 6'0".)

I have spent at most four hours in it with only two short breaks and had no discomfort. It paddles well in calm or moving water. It's length makes turning easy, but keeping straight is entirely up to the paddler as it tends to turn on it's own. There is no storage hatch, nor paddle holders, but there is a molded paddle rest on which to place holders. With space to spare, I've installed my own hatch.

The simplicity and size make this kayak perfect for beginners, or for anyone who wants a small kayak for going anywhere.