Submitted: 07-26-2013 by Creeker571

I bought the Eddyline Caribbean 12 at the 2012 East Coast Paddlesports & Outdoor Festival. I wanted a kayak more suited to fishing than my Wilderness Tsunami, and also one that I could easily handle solo for launching and for loading onto my vehicle.

The 12 foot Caribbean was perfect for my needs. At 45 lbs, it easily beat out the most popular fishing kayaks that weigh in at 65 lbs and more. I can heft the Caribbean with one hand, if necessary. My Caribbean has two built-in rod holders, and side tracks for mounting other accessories.

On the water, I can easily stand up and throw my bait cast net in the shallows, before paddling out to my target sites. My soft cooler stows in the front, under the watertight hatch. I can secure my pfd and milk crate in the rear section, using the built-in deck cords. The watertight bucket, just forward of the seat, is great for stowing my wallet, keys, and camera. It's also handy for keeping those favorite lures for quick changes. When not on the water, my 7-foot rods store inside the hull under the secure hatch covers.

The Caribbean paddles great, provides a stable platform for fishing, and it's pretty to boot!