Submitted: 07-26-2013 by Debra Shields

Up front: this boat deserves a better score but not from me. Picked up from REI on my birthday, nothing but trouble from then on. The factory installed the rudder cables incorrectly and the design doesn't allow adjustment. Delta kept shrugging it off until they were convinced when I shortened the cables myself with Home Depot majic.

Then to the sprayksirt, application charts show the SEALs 1.7 fits... no-no! As it turns out, after pulling teeth from Delta, that to get a skirt that fits it must be purchased from Delta or their dealers. I had to spend an extra $140 for a skirt I shouldn't have needed to buy.
I will say SEALs, who were involved in the skirt issue, were extremely helpful and they are changing their fit charts.

To the good:
The boat handles like a dream, which is why I kept it. Better than expected in quartering winds yet very responsive, carves wonderfully for a touring boat.

My experience shows Delta is not a customer service capable company. If you want a Delta, research the spray skirt issue first!

Happy Trails,
Debbi

**MANUFACTURER'S RESPONSE**
Hi Debra,
I would really rather have a chance to talk to you, emails are too impersonal. I have just gone back through our emails and it seems like between Colin and Michael, we answered your concerns. Your first email came June 10th and Colin Beeskau who is the other owner of Delta Kayaks - responded a few hours later. Then you emailed him back and he again responded the very next day. You then sent an email June 12th with very positive feedback and thanked us for the support we had given to you. I'm not sure where you feel that we fell short.

As Colin had mentioned to you, we sell many, many 15.5s and have very few issues with them. I also recall our conversation when you ordered your spray skirt and it was pleasant, I wish that had you been so unhappy with us, that you would have conveyed that to me then.

As I said in my earlier email, we are very customer service oriented and always do our very best to make sure that our customer feels they have been cared for. I again apologize for your disappointment in us. I will credit your Visa for the skirt that was sent to you. I see that we did send you some parts to fix your rudder so I'm not sure what other costs you incurred to fix it. Perhaps you can send me copies of your receipts.

Sandra Beeskau