Submitted: 07-24-2013 by waclarkrn
I have had the Discovery 169 canoe for about 18 years. Every year I do a long canoe camping trip into the Adirondack wilderness areas of Clear Pond or the seven carries area. I also do a few shorter trips. I use wheels to portage the canoe when I can, its heavy, but the weight is offset by the durability. I'm a pretty big guy so the portages are not an issue. I did get a canoe loader bar for the Thule racks. The landing areas of these campsites usually have rocks or gravel and the canoe is impervious to these conditions.

My main reason for keeping the canoe is the capacity. I always go with my son in the canoe. He was 5 when we started and now he is 22. I go in a group, and I'm always the guy carrying the extra gear my buddies can't fit into their boats. We don't travel light and usually with a dog to boot. My minimalist friends laugh at the amount of Stuff we take along.

The canoe tracks straight, handles river currents and obstacles. I love this boat. one point off for weight just to keep it real