Submitted: 07-24-2013 by timmerkt

I just purchased the Delta 12.10. Firstly, the dealer, Frontenac Outfitters is awesome - they fit you to a couple models and then put you in the lake to try them out.

The 12.10 was much faster than the other models I tried, and tracked straight very easily without a skeg/rudder. Very efficient gliding through the water, even in 1-2 foot waves and some wind. The seat is very comfortable - I spent 2-3 hours in it with no discomfort at all, and the back gives great support without getting in the way of the paddling motion. It is easy to get great contact points at my feet, and thighs, and the kayak responds to subtle pushes with the feet or knees. I plan to get a fit kit installed to get tighter hip contact.

Initial and secondary stability make me feel very comfortable as newbie to kayaks. I was able to lay it on edge pretty comfortably within the first few outings. I will feel more confident in choppy lakes once I add a skirt. My back hatch seems to leak a bit, I will have that addressed by the dealer. What would make this kayak even better would be the day hatch like the 12s.