Submitted: 07-24-2013 by clansweeney
I have a number of Aqua-Bound paddles, largely because they seem to represent a good value proposition (quality and design versus cost) compared to the competition. The Stingray is my 'light day' paddle for those occasions where my wrists are a little tender or I just don't want to move as much water per stroke. Generally I prefer a paddle with a bit more surface than the Ray, but it has it's place. It would be a good choice for smaller or younger paddlers... or those who prefer higher tempo.

I have never had a problem with the sticking ferrules (my good fortune)mentioned by others. The ferrules do fit more precisely (a good thing?) than other brands. I paddle exclusively in salt water and always 'break' and wipe down my paddles (particularly the ferrules) after use. I do store them assembled / single piece.